Healthy Indian Cooking Recipes
- (Cooking recipe) A recipe is a set of instructions that describe how to prepare or make something, especially a culinary dish.
- In good health
- Indicative of, conducive to, or promoting good health
- financially secure and functioning well; "a healthy economy"
- promoting health; healthful; "a healthy diet"; "clean healthy air"; "plenty of healthy sleep"; "healthy and normal outlets for youthful energy"; "the salubrious mountain air and water"- C.B.Davis; "carrots are good for you"
- (of a part of the body) Not diseased
- having or indicating good health in body or mind; free from infirmity or disease; "a rosy healthy baby"; "staying fit and healthy"
- Of or relating to India or to the subcontinent comprising India, Pakistan, and Bangladesh
- of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages; "Native American religions"; "Indian arrowheads"
- a member of the race of people living in America when Europeans arrived
- of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures; "the Indian subcontinent"; "Indian saris"
- Of or relating to the indigenous peoples of America
Brinjal Bhaji (Eggplant with Indian spices)
Eggplant bhaji is a simple and healthy dish popular in the Indian state of Maharashtra. It is normally served with hot chapati (flat, unleavened bread).
Eggplant (aubergine)=============1 (long & purple)
Potato=========================1 medium size
Turmeric powder (haldi)===========1/4 tsp
Red Chilli powder (hot)============1/2 tsp (optional)
Corriander powder===============1/2 tsp (optional)
Garam masala (curry powder)=======1 tsp
Sambar powder===============1/2 tsp (optional)
Ginger (fresh)===================1/2 inch piece
Mustard seeds==================1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds==================1/2 tsp
Shallots (small onion)===========4
Vegetable oil====================2 tbsp
Curry leaves====================1 sprig
All these ingredients are available at any Indian store (some supermarkets e.g. Tescos also stock ingredients for Indian cooking now)
1. Wash the eggplant and chop into cubes (remove the stalk, cut lengthwise and chop)
2. Soak the chopped eggplant in salty water (add a few pinches of salt to the water)
3. Peel the potato and cut into cubes.
4. Remove the skin of the shallots and cut into four pieces each.
5. Chop the ginger finely.
6. Heat 2 table spoons of vegetable oil (olive / sunflower etc.) in a pan on high heat. Add the mustard & cumin seeds and let them crackle for a few seconds. Add the turmeric powder and stir. Add the chopped ginger and curry leaves. Stir and fry for ~10 seconds.
7. Add the cubed potato and fry for ~5 min stir periodically.
8. Add the shallots and stir. Fry for another 5 min stirring periodically
9. Drain the water that the chopped eggplant was soaked in and add it to the pan.
10. Add the chilli powder, corriander powder, sambar powder and curry powder. Stir well to ensure that the spices are spread over the vegetables.
11. Cover and cook on medium heat stirring periodically until the potatoes are soft & the eggplant is done.
12. Serve with hot chapati.
Pumpkin Coconut Curry
This stew is amazing. Cubed pumpkin is cooked in lite coconut milk with red peppers and spices for a healthy dinner any night of the week.
induction cooking wok
cooking pressure cooker
alive and cooking
beef cooking calculator
cowboy country cooking
cottonseed oil for cooking
easy cooking recipes desserts